Com o progressivo aumento da emigração de jovens Portugueses com ou sem formação superior, torna-se necessário encontrar as formas mais adequadas para as candidaturas de emprego dentro do espaço Europeu.
Juntamente com o Curriculum Vitae, a carta de apresentação é um dos primeiros elementos que a empresa à qual se candidata tem sobre si.
Conheça um modelo de carta de apresentação em inglês para as suas candidaturas aos empregos onde seja fundamental a língua inglesa.
COVER LETTERS – CARTAS DE APRESENTAÇÃO EM INGLÊS
O QUE SABER (EM INGLÊS)
Never mail your resume or vita without a cover letter. Even if you just spoke to an employer on the phone, at a career fair, or otherwise, and put your resume in the mail that same day, a cover letter is essential for several reasons:
- Don’t assume you are the only person to whom the employer has spoken. Busy people need a reminder of why your resume is arriving in the mail;
- Don’t assume the person you spoke to is the one who will open your envelope. A cover letter explains why your resume is showing up in the mail;
- A cover letter is a basic professional courtesy. You are trying to present yourself as a person who is ready to enter the professional world. You will be evaluated on every detail of your behavior, conduct, presentation, and communication skills. A cover letter exhibits your communication skills and reflects your judgment and maturity;
- A cover letter is an opportunity to call attention to your strengths, interests and qualifications in a different manner than you do in your resume;
- A cover letter is personalized to the individual to whom you are writing, while your resume is not.
EXEMPLO MODELO CARTA DE APRESENTAÇÃO EM INGLÊS
Rua das acácias, Nº 69 – 1º Dto.
1500-000 Lisboa | Portugal
email@example.com | +351 201 350 xxx
Subject: Applying for work experience in UK.
Currently in the first year of engineering studies at the School ITECH (Chemical and Textile Institute in Lyon), I write you because I would like to work in your firm. Indeed, to validate my first year of engineering studies’ I have to do a summer job in the textile field.
I’m willing to invest myself in any mission you would like to give me. I’m open minded curious and can easily adopt to new situation.
The purpose of this period is to speak English in a professional situation (to prepare TOEIC test), also to discover other cultures and different lifestyles.
Another purpose of this experience is to learn mobility in the European area.
The period of this professional experience is about six weeks between June 20 and September 2, 2011.
Pending your response, yours sincerely,